About Me

My photo
After thirty years of hiring, I finally bought my own 50ft boat in 2005, which was built in 2001 by Andicraft at Debdale Wharf. I mostly cruise single handed and have no problem with that, although it does take a little longer than with a crew. My mooring is on the Wey Navigation, so I have a choice of routes on the Wey or the Thames.

Monday 21 May 2012

Sunday Morning Mission.

My mate Dave on nb Mrs Moorish (where did that name come from?), who is moored a few boats along from me, had been informed on the QT that there were ready cut willow logs opposite to his mooring, which he was rather anxious to lay his hands on. Having already tried to get his boat close to the opposite bank without success, I was inveigled into walking over the lock with secateurs and handsaw to drag the said timber out of the undergrowth and tie on a line so that the load could be floated across the cut. A Monkey’s Paw tied around a golf ball was used as a weight to throw the line over from his boat, with Dave standing on the short fore deck. All was going well until he caught the line around the headlight and overbalanced and fell on the deck, fortunately for him. How he didn’t fall in, I don’t know. After that close encounter with swimming lessons, he stood on the counter of his neighbour’s boat – a far safer base. I have to say that although his name is David, he would not have been able to hit Goliath with a slingshot after his performance on Sunday!

                                                                    
         I get the shitty end of the stick!                                   Contemplating building a Kon Tiki Raft to get back.

Log rolling from a sitting position.                                                                           Dave's a happy man.    

If you are looking at this on Google Chrome, the titles to the pictures are all over the place and it's a Google web site! It's OK on Internet Explorer, so what is going on?                           

No comments: