About Me

My photo
After thirty years of hiring, I finally bought my own 50ft boat in 2005, which was built in 2001 by Andicraft at Debdale Wharf. I mostly cruise single handed and have no problem with that, although it does take a little longer than with a crew. My mooring is on the Wey Navigation, so I have a choice of routes on the Wey or the Thames.

Sunday 28 October 2012

Braunston Coal Run. Day 9

Loading continued on the butty all day, with frequent breaks. Mouse (another NBT member) came by on nb Merlot with wife and family for a birthday outing to the pub. I walked to the marina to get shower tokens before the office closed and passed by nb Chesterton, which was now up for sale as the husband had been very ill and they were moving on to the bank. I last met up with them on the Regents Canal just after buying my boat and I was photographing the painted roses on their boat, done by Norman Hough, when they invited me in for a tour of their immaculate home. I had now met six people that I knew and world was getting even smaller. When loading had finished we got the top planks up and winded the motor, ready for leaving on Sunday. Back to The Boathouse for another ‘Two For One’ offer on the
 meal, just as it had been the previous year. No wonder the place was crowded.
On our way at last. (Photo by Maggie)

No comments: