About Me

My photo
After thirty years of hiring, I finally bought my own 50ft boat in 2005, which was built in 2001 by Andicraft at Debdale Wharf. I mostly cruise single handed and have no problem with that, although it does take a little longer than with a crew. My mooring is on the Wey Navigation, so I have a choice of routes on the Wey or the Thames.

Sunday 18 November 2012

Braunston Coal Run. Day 14

Mike and John were back before 8am and just as we were about to set off, other boat crews decided that they needed coal, so it was a case of ‘hold back’ and make a sale or two, before we finally got away through the lift bridge and lock. There were a few minor hold ups through the lift bridges, where masonry had come adrift and fallen in the water, but nothing serious and good progress was made to Lower Heyford in the dark, where we moored breasted up on the mud with some difficulty. Mike and John went home for the night and Barry and I walked up the hill to The Bell. http://www.beerintheevening.com/pubs/s/15/15544/Bell_Inn/Lower_Heyford     rated at 7.6/10 in this guide, which is pretty good.

No comments: