About Me

My photo
After thirty years of hiring, I finally bought my own 50ft boat in 2005, which was built in 2001 by Andicraft at Debdale Wharf. I mostly cruise single handed and have no problem with that, although it does take a little longer than with a crew. My mooring is on the Wey Navigation, so I have a choice of routes on the Wey or the Thames.

Friday 5 July 2013

Header Tank Repair.


Barry took the header tank to his welder after cleaning it up further and finding two more holes.
 
The bottom of the tank was paper thin in places and this was cut away by the welder and a 6mm piece of  aluminium was welded in place, with a boss for a drain plug in addition and what an excellent job he made of it too. The tank was further cleaned out with descaler and the tubes cleaned out with an extended drill bit, before flushing out what was left.
 
(All photos by Barry Adams)
 
All that remains to be done now, is to bolt it back in place for the next trip to load up with coal for the NBT Summer Coal Run.
 

No comments: